Whether you’re travelling for a much-needed holiday or taking a business trip, there are many exciting things to do in Meath that will keep you and your travel companions, delightfully occupied and entertained.
From UNESCO historical sites and sports events, to culturally enriched festivals, museums and battleground – you can find what you need on the doorstep of one of the exquisite Cusack Group Hotels.
As there are so many things to do in Trim and Co. Meath, you have your pick of exciting and educational Irish experiences.
- Trim Castle - Built in 1173 as part of the Norman Administration this site has had several members of royalty grace its grounds. This iconic structure is the largest of the Cambro-Norman castles in Ireland and is simply a must-see for history enthusiasts.
- The Holy Hill of Slane – Demarcated as a centre for religious studies, it is also believed that this structure served as an important seat of political and religious power in early Ireland and was also, for a time, occupied by St.Patrick
- Battle of Boyne – An important site, especially Protestants, these grounds saw the 1609 battle between the deposed King James the second and William the third of England. The defeat of King James resulted in the rise of the Protestant beliefs in Ireland.
- Rathbeggan Lakes Angling Centre and Family Park- sit back and relax beside the water and have the kids try their hand at fly fishing, take a secluded nature or walk or even enjoy the excitement of the on-site petting zoo.
- Golf – With a host of Meath Golf clubs and courses to choose from, you and your business associates or family can try your hand at one of the superb facilities available. Best of all, a variety of levels of expertise are welcome.
- Kelly Equestrian – Horse lovers and beginners alike can enjoy the gorgeous Irish countryside on the back of a mighty steed. From cross-country trails to on-site paddock lessons, you and your family can really enjoy horsing around, while on holiday.
- Horse Racing – Head down to the track for a day at the races and place your bets! There are several tracks located around the Cusack Hotels, making the commute, after a day of fun, easy and accessible. Read More
- Music Nights – From tribute shows to amateur musicians breaking into the scene, each hotel hosts their own concerts and dancing nights for residents and outside visitors. Drinks, meals and entertainment can be enjoyed on a regular basis.
- Annual Festivals – St. Patricks Day, the Fire Festival and the Spirits of Meath week-long carnival are just some of the highlights to be found on the Irish events calendar – all of which take place near Cusack Hotels. Read More
For even more things to do in Meath and Navan, visit www.discoverireland.ie and book your stay at your desired Cusack Hotel.